Security is one of the major concerns while using a laptop or a computer. There are so many viruses or threats that your computer is vulnerable to catch, now that people use the internet much on devices this invites more chances for viruses to attack. At times Windows slows down due to excessive usage of CPU. For better performance, smooth and faster running of your device you need Antimalware service executable. We will mention the steps for your installation making it easier for you. and you can fix antimalware service executable – 100 Disk Usage Problem for sure 🙂
Windows defender acts like a default antivirus system installed for the users that will keep running even if they haven’t installed any. It is always running in the background and ensures any malware. While the process is named Antimalware Service Executable on the Processes tab in Task Manager, its file name is MsMpEng.exe, and you’ll see this on the Details tab. You can configure it as well as and check its scan history from the Windows Defender Security Center application (Link) included with Windows 10.
To start this, one can use the shortcut in the Start Menu, or you can also right-click the shield icon in the notification area on your taskbar and select “Open”, or head to Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
“Why is my disk at 100?” Is this your ques? Don’t worry you will get your answer on how to fix 100 disk usage and more below.
How to fix antimalware service executable – 100 Disk Usage?
Antimalware Service Executable performs regular background scans for the files on your computer and also installs updates regularly. It usually scans when the computer is idle, using a large amount of CPU or disk. If you have any other antivirus programs installed on your computer, then you will see a message saying “You’re using other antivirus providers” and Antimalware Service Executable will be disabled on its own. However, you can use both the ant viruses at the same time by clicking on ‘Periodic scanning’ option on the same screen. People face problems with 100% disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable. It starts hogging my device’s CPU with 60-70% (and 100% disk) for extended periods each and every time. .“Antimalware Service Executable” program is actually the one who’s responsible for creating lag on your computer system by taking that much high amount of CPU or maybe Disk Usage. There are suitable methods for solving this problem (100% disk usage windows 10 fix )–
Change Defender’s Schedule
- For this follow the steps-
- Open your windows task scheduler by using the control “ ” in your Windows Run Commander.
- When the task scheduler gets opened, you’ll need to go the Windows Defender’s folder by browsing it from the left side panel. Just expand the folders and try to find the defender’s Sub-folder.
- When you get into Defender’s folder, try to find service name called “Windows defender scheduled scan”.
- Click on it and highlight that.
- Go to right bar menu options, and click on “Properties”.
- Now in the “Windows defender scheduled scan” change settings in the “Conditions” tab.
- This conditions mainly focus on whether the task should run or not, untick all the tasks that you don’t want to run automatically in the background.
- Normally only a single condition named “Start the task only if the computer is on AC power” is ticked by the default so, just uncheck whatever ticked by default.
Disable Window Search –
- This is the very first step to get rid of your 100% disk usage windows 10 problem. Follow these steps-
- The prior step is to press the windows logo and the X key altogether.
- From the numerous options that it will provide after clicking, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- After doing so, there will be user account control window prompt, go there and click Yes.
- When you do that, a black window, command prompt window will appear, where the user needs to type “net.exe stop “Windows search”.
- This brings us to the final step, where you will click Enter.
With that, this option will resolve your problem.
Disable SuperFetch –
Superfetch is quite important, as the boot time decreases and performance becomes efficient. Follow these steps for that-
- Starting with pressing the Windows logo and the X key simultaneously.
- From the many options available, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- After that, there is User account control window prompt, click Yes.
- A black window, command prompt window will appear where you need to type “ net.exe stop superfetch.”
- The last step involves, click Enter on your keyboard. And also press cntrl button.
With the steps as mentioned above, your computer will start running smoothly and trouble-free.
Perform a Disk Check-
- This is another effective and easy way to get rid of your complications. Following are the steps that will assist you to do so-
- The very first step is to press the Windows logo and the X key simultaneously.
- From the many options that will drop down, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- After doing so, at the User Account control window prompt, click Yes.
- A black window, command prompt window will display where you need to type “chkdsk.exe/f/r”.
- After this, click Enter button, now, you need to type Y for confirming the disk checks perform after you restart your computer next time.
- But make sure that all the applications are shut or closed before you perform this.
- Restarting the pc will ensure that 100% disk usage problem is solved.
Over to you:
If you follow the above all the mentioned steps, then you will have nothing to worry about ever regarding 100% disk usage. The process is well elaborated above; however, it may take a day or two for the action to complete. So as stated if you have restarted the computer it will take a day to complete the disk check. If you do not have much time then, wait for it whenever you can. As it has to be done properly to fully and effectively succeed, so that you don’t face problem again.